Well, Hello there! You've made an excellent choice!

A dash of narcissism and a pinch of voyeurism and voila!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 "B.S. + M.A. = BAD IDEA"

I should have been in the military or gone to tradeschool. I should have learned a skill like basket weaving, or masonry, or been a firefighter. I should have become a minister, a housekeeper, or learned medical transcription. Know why?

Because a college education amounts to nothing. A master's degree? even worse. $100,000 later, you're a temp. You don't have enough experience. You expect too much money. You have to lower your standards, bite the bullet, and become a waitress again because the job market is based on who you know, not what you know. Your great aunt's cousin's boyfriends dad worked here? You're hired! Hmm... a bachelor's degree and you're working on your masters... but what else can you do?

Give me a break.

Don't go to school. Don't learn anything. Just meet people and have them like you. Make sure you lose your personality and cover yourself in beige and grey so that you fit in with the rest of them. Oh, and you can forget about loving what you do. Be grateful that you get a job. I'm not sure what the world is looking for, but it doesn't seem to be me. Jerks.

And in all that. I'm still hopeful. I'm tired. and angry. and REAL MAD. but something's gotta work in my favor. Hire me.

Even "The millionaire next door" says that education is valued. Well show me. Prove it. Otherwise, I'm dead set on believing that maybe i've wasted a lifetime of pencils and notebooks. Oh, and money. That i'll be paying off well into my 40s. And with what money, you ask? Good question.

No comments:

Post a Comment