Well, Hello there! You've made an excellent choice!

A dash of narcissism and a pinch of voyeurism and voila!

Monday, May 31, 2010

4/19/10 - The Postpartum Chronicles: Day 32

Day 32 - Stitch Pain Appointment
So yesterday was a “bad stitch day.” It’s what I call them and the phrase I use to explain slow movement, sensitivity (literal and figurative), wincing, or being uncomfortable. Last night the pain was so bad that it woke me up in the middle of the night and made me cry. On a “bad stitch day” the pain is usually dull and throbbing and unpleasant with a few sharp stabs here and there. Last night was all sharp. So I went in today and Dr. Levit said that my body “doesn’t like” the threading of the dissolvable stitches. Apparently, not one bit of one stitch had dissolved and my body was pushing the thread out instead. Anywho, whatever he did down there to fix it was so awful that I cried MORE and the nurse held my hand and drilled me with questions about Morrison to distract me. There was a lot of deep breathing and trying not to think about it. Afterward, he apologized for “tortur[ing]” me and making me cry. He also offered a pain pill prescription. I asked him if it was going to hurt worse later (by this time there was almost immediate relief) and he said no, so I denied the prescription. It might have been a sympathy prescription - I am not a pretty crier. Otherwise, I’m healing “nicely” and scheduled my 6 week appointment.

Honestly, that was so awful that I can’t even put its awfulness into words. It makes me dizzy to think about it. Ouuch.

In related news, I'm almost certain that this is not normal. Fret not, preggos, fret not.

No comments:

Post a Comment