Well, Hello there! You've made an excellent choice!

A dash of narcissism and a pinch of voyeurism and voila!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Thursday, October 02, 2008 "New Beginnings"

So if you know me well, or even if you don't know me well (because i'll continue regardless), you'll know that Jim started MMA class a while back. No black eyes yet, but he comes home limping and strangely excited about it all (except for the hip thing). So he's been working on kicking ass and taking names and he's only hurt me on accident a handful of times showing me what he's learned and neither one of us have permanent marks from it. He's so happy about it and I'm happy that he's happy and also about his arms which make me a different kind of happy (sorry, mom) and so anyway I'm rambling. Point is he's 30. He's wanted to do MMA for a long time and so he's gotten there at 30. Not 18, not 27, but at 30. I knew he wouldn't fail at it because domination and commitment are his strong suits (which sucks for you if he's committed to YOUR domination). Anywho, let's focus. It's awesome, right? It's inspiring. So much so that I've completed my first full week (2 days, 1 real class, one stretching/conditioning class) of ... BALLET!

No joke people. I have pink tights and pink shoes and a leotard and shorts and things for my hair and a skirt and little pink bag and all of it. And you know i'm down with that. H, half the fun is LOOKING like a ballerina and I've ALWAYS wanted to be a ballerina, but I wasn't one of those girls that got put in classes for things. So, my teacher didn't put me in the baby class cause all those girls are 3 years old, but I am the oldest one in class (less the teacher) by I don't know... 10 years or so? The youngest girl is 7. She paired me with a buddy who ROCKS at ballet and is really nice to me even though i feel like a waste of her time most of the time. The other thing is that all of these girls have been dancing for YEARS (+4 or more) and I have zero experience (unless you count college classes that I took for fun or college dancing which I blame the fact I can't keep my A tucked in on.... wow, TWO prepositions. nice.) So, here's where I'm going with this. I LOVE that class. So much so, I'd rather take it twice a week than the one day i'm taking it. It's amazing and I have good lines, they say. Everyone is super nice to me and i'm not just an handicap.

Lesson: If there's something you want to do, do it. If you've wanted something forever, get it. Unless it's a house with an adjustable rate mortgage. Look where those people are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment